BENEFITS OF BAMBOO
So you might have heard people raving about bamboo socks, and with good reason! There are multiple benefits for both your feet and the planet, and so I am going to aim to answer your questions...
for your feet
1. Dreamy comfort for your trotters. Bamboo is incredibly soft and much less likely to cause chafing, so you can just walk around on clouds all day!
2. Bamboo is a fantastic temperature regulator, so can keep your feet cool in summer and warm in winter, whilst allowing your feet to breathe properly.
3. Feet need to stay dry to avoid certain nasty conditions, so the moisture-wicking property of bamboo helps to fight off those fungal fiends!
4. Bamboo is a natural fibre, so is a lot gentler to your skin than many human-made fibres, so is a favourite for people with sensitive skin.
FOR OUR PLANET
1. Bamboo is a great sustainable source because it is fast growing (can reach maturity in 3-5 years), and doesn't need to be grown with pesticides or chemical fertiliser.
2. It rarely needs to be replanted and replenishes very quickly, so the soil and roots do not need to be disturbed in order to regrow.
3. Bamboo absorbs more carbon dioxide from the air than cotton or trees and produces 35% more oxygen.
4. Bamboo doesn't need artificial irrigation, it can grow just using rain water. Which is great in contrast to cotton which can need up to 10,000 litres of water per kilo of cotton.
PROTECTING OUR WORLD
At Bare Kind, we're committed to saving endangered animals. Our bamboo socks are made with the highest quality bamboo fibre and are made to last, so that they're incredibly comfy for you. 10% of profits on every pair are donated to a charity that saves the animal on that socks. This is what we do. And we want to do it with you. Let's be the change together, and save endangered animals.